Portland Design-A-Sock Contest: Rules & Expectations
Rules, rules, rules… they’re not the most fun, but we gotta have ‘em to make this contest legit! Read on to see them all.
PORTLAND DESIGN-A-SOCK CONTEST RULES:
- • Begins 12 a.m. PST on September 9th 2013
- • All entries must be received by 3 p.m. PST on September 20, 2013.
- • Enter online at https://contest.sockittome.com for digital entries
- • Only residents of the Portland Metropolitan Area are eligible to enter and win.
- • All ages may enter, but for entrants under age 13, a parent, teacher, or legal guardian must submit any entries.
- • Provide your design title, name, telephone number, and email address.
- • Limit five (5) entries per person.
- • Design submitted must be the entrant’s original creation and shall not be copied or duplicated from previously published art.
- • Design must fill the template for women’s knee sock/crew sock provided or available online.
- • All physical copies of designs submitted become the sole property of Sock It to Me and will not be returned, but Sock It to Me won’t use your design without your permission and artists will be paid for any designs put into production.
- • Sock It to Me reserves the right to alter designs and will not assume liability for any damage, loss or theft of any entry.
- • VOID OUTSIDE PORTLAND METROPOLITAN AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
RULES FOR JUDGING:
- • Winning designs will be chosen based on: (1) simplicity of design; (2) use of a max of six colors; (3) use of colors that are flat and solids, NO shading, blending or half tones; and (4) use of imagery, themes, patterns, or designs that are different from our current line.
- • From September 22-26, 2013, a panel of Sock It to Me judges will select approximately 30 semi-finalists from among all eligible entries received by September 20th, 2013 at 3 p.m. PST and will upload them to Sock It to Me’s Facebook page.
- • Between September 27 and October 4, 2013 at 5 p.m. PST, Sock It to Me fans will vote for the top 10 finalists, using the same judging criteria stated above.
- • At 10 a.m. PST on October 7, 2013, a panel of Sock It to Me judges will select the three (3) final winners and announce them on Sock It to Me’s Facebook page.
- • Winners (or in the case of children under 13, their parent, teacher, or legal guardian) will be notified via email and/or telephone.
- • For full official rules, go to: https://bit.ly/185soa3
What is the Portland Metropolitan Area? If you live in the counties of Clackamas, Columbia, Multnomah, Washington, and Yamhill counties in OREGON & Clark and Skamania Counties in WASHINGTON – then you’re all good to enter. We have 2 design contests each year, one International and one Portland-only, so if you’re bummed you can’t enter this Portland Design-A-Sock Contest, just save that AWESOMELY CREATIVE design idea for the Spring International Design-A-Sock Contest!