The wait is FINALLY over, so pick up those pens (or markers, watercolor pencils, charcoal, pastels, computer mouses, or whatever you want to use!) and let those creative juices flow! Sock It to Me’s 3rd Annual Global Design-a-Sock Contest starts TODAY (March 14th), and we’re expecting BIG things from 2012! (And you’ve got some pretty big shoes to fill from 2011!)
We like to keep it super simple here at Sock It to Me, so here are just 6 quick guidelines to remember:
- Anyone and everyone is welcome (and encouraged!) to enter!
- The contest starts March 14th and runs until March 23rd.
- You can download the entry form here: https://www.sockittome.com/cart/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=10. Entries can be drawn by hand or designed on a computer.
- All entries must be postmarked or emailed to [email protected] by 5PM PST on March 23, 2012.
- All designs are must be flat and solid with no shading, blending, or half tones. You may use a maximum of 5 colors.
- Please include your name, email, phone number, and location in the body of your email and within the graphic below the design.
Pretty easy to follow, right?! Now that the obligatory rule-sharing is out of the way, on to the most important part – the PRIZES! We love a little competitive spirit, so this year we’ve upped the ante. Check out these awesome prizes!
*1st place – $1000 and 15 pairs of socks. Not to mention, the winning design will be produced!
*2nd place – $500 and 10 pairs of socks
*3rd place – $250 and 5 pairs of socks
Not too shabby, huh?! We thought you’d like that part! 🙂
Here’s a little bit of inspiration for you to get started. Check out some of our past sock design winners that have since been produced!
You can see tons more here: https://www.sockittome.com/cart/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=28!
Not too handy with a paintbrush?? We’ve got a little something for you too. We’ll place the top finalists on our Facebook page, where you can vote for the top 10! Due to technical sock-making reasons, Sock It to Me will then rank the top 3. Even if you can’t design a sock, you can still help to sway sock history by casting your vote!
So what are you waiting for?! Time to start sending in those brush strokes of genius! And don’t forget to check our Facebook when the voting begins!! GOOD LUCK! 🙂