This article takes you from the origin of Sock It to Me, through 13 years of growth and change.
“The way we do things is very optimistic and inclusive, and we see that mirrored back to us every day in the response from our customers: they feel understood, they feel valued, and they spread that to others.” -Carrie Atkinson
Can you see us smiling? We were thrilled to read all of your comments about how much you LOVE summer (and socks too)! Speaking of which, we are psyched to debut a new topic on our blog. It’s called Sock-o-phile! In these posts we’re going to highlight Sock It To Me sock fans just like you!
Our first ever Sock-o-phile is stylist + bloggerElizabeth Borenstein from Brooklyn, NY
1. Why do you love socks? Socks keep your feet warm and are a great way to show your unique style. Socks give extra personality to any outfit.
2. How did you start your collection? Ever since I was little, I’ve always had an obsession with legwear! My tootsies get cold so I had to find a cute way to keep them warm and toasty.
3. How many socks do you own? Too many to count!
4. It’s the summertime. Socks + sandals, yes or no? Can I say sometimes? As a stylist, I say socks and high heeled sandals, YES, but you will never catch this lady in socks and Birkenstocks.
5. What’s your favorite pair? It’s all about inspiring the outfit! Today’s favorite is the strong man. Since I’m traveling solo and carrying my own heavy bags, they make me smile and keep me motivated!
If you love SOCKS, then you gotta let us know! E-mail: press at sockittome dot com and tell us a bit about your SOCK LOVE! We’ll send you some questions to answer and you could be featured on our blog. How cool is that!?
OK OK….. This is the part you’ve all been waiting for…. DRUMMMM ROLL PLEASE… the Summer Sock Contest WINNER IS…………..
Thank you so much to all who entered! We thoroughly enjoyed reading your comments and we love you all equally. If you love us, keep reading our blog, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. That way you can keep up on all the exciting Sock It To Me news and be the first to find out about opportunities to WIN awesome Socks from us!!
It’s not everyday you get invited into City Hall for a special meeting with special Portland people — especially when that special someone is the mayor of Portland, the delightful Mr. Sam Adams.
Believe it or not, it all started with Twitter. Carrie, being the super-tweeter that she is, got in on a round of tweets that finished the line “What would it take to get the mayor to ______?” Carrie followed suit and sent out a tweet, asking, “What would it take to get @MayorSamAdams in a pair of @sockittomesocks?” His reply: 15-minutes and a pair of socks!
And so began the long, delicate process. (Turns out, the mayor is a busy man!) But it was worth the wait, because he took the opportunity to interview Carrie, spotlighting Sock It to Me as one of 400 small businesses that hail from our very own City of Opportunity, er Roses. Check out the video, at the bottom of the page, and also enjoy our own stream of photos taken by photographer Jared Birt during our rendezvous with Portland Mayor Sam Adams.
Also catch the 2-minute video clip that Mr. Mayor stuck on his website. His first words: These are great socks!